By using the Website or Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old, a resident of the United States, and are otherwise legally qualified to enter into and form contracts under applicable law.
U.S. GOVERNING LAW
The Website is designed and targeted to U.S. audiences and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S. We make no representation that this Website is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations.
INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
a. Traffic Data. Like most website operators, we automatically gather information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) Internet Protocol (IP) addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Website; (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Website; and (v) full Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including referring URLs, date and time, and content viewed or searched for on the Website (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
b. Cookies. A “Cookie” is a string of information that a website stores on a user’s computer, and that the user’s browser provides to the website each time the user submits a query to the website. The purpose of a Cookie is to identify the user as a unique user of the Website. We use “session” cookies to collect information about your use of the Website and to give you a more personalized browsing experience and help you navigate the Website more efficiently from page to page. These Cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. We use “persistent” cookies to gather statistical information about repeat usage from your computer or workstation. For additional information on our uses of Cookies, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies and Web Beacons, below.
c. Web Beacons. “Web Beacons” (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access Cookies. Unlike Cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages (or in e-mail). Web Beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. For additional information on our uses of Web Beacons, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies & Web Beacons, below.
d. Ad Serving. We use third-parties for advertising and analytics for pages that we host. These third-parties may place Cookies on your machine, use Web Beacons, gather Personal Information, gather IP addresses and log data to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics, content, and advertising. The collection of this information by third-parties are subject to such third-parties’ privacy policies. For additional information, see the section concerning Third-Party Websites, below.
e. Personal Information. During the loan application process, you will be asked to provide us certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes your name, address, email address, telephone number and work phone. In each case, you will be asked to provide Personal Information; the Website will not gather it surreptitiously. We may supplement the Personal Information you provide with additional Personal Information gathered from public sources or from third-parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies, third-party service providers, etc.) who may lawfully provide such information to us.
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
a. Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies and Web Beacons
We analyze Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies and Web Beacons to help us better understand who is using the Website and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Website to improve your experience. From time to time, we may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies and Web Beacons in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. We do not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies or Web Beacons to Personal Information.
b. Personal Information
i. Generally. We use your Personal Information to: (1) identify you; (2) to confirm facts about you; (3) to send you information about our products and services; (4) and to contact you when necessary in connection with your use of the Website.
ii. Disclosure Practices. Except under the following circumstances, we will keep your Personal Information private, and will not sell or otherwise share it with third parties:
- Disclosure to Parent Companies, Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We disclose Personal Information to our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates for marketing and/or administrative purposes.
- Disclosure to Lenders and Third-Party Partners. We refer consumers to credit repair organizations. We disclose Personal Information to credit repair organizations, who use your Personal Information to identify you, to confirm facts about you, to deliver credit repair products and services to you, and to help assess requests for credit repair products and services.
- Marketing Communications. We may provide your Personal Information to third parties, so that they may contact you directly with information about additional products and services (“Marketing Communications”). You will be responsible for contacting those third parties directly to request that you receive no further Marketing Communications.
- Disclosure in Connection with Services. We disclose Personal Information parties who help us provide Services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as ad serving, email management, hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. We disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the our property or rights, or the property ort rights of third parties or the public at large.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of your Personal Information.
YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You represent and warrant that all information you provide on any application form or otherwise in connection with your use of the Website will be complete and accurate. We do not maintain a process for you to review and request changes to any of your Personal Information collected through the Website. If your Personal Information changes after you have submitted an application through the Website, you must submit a new application with your new or updated information.
Effective Date: July 29, 2013